Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yahoo Group

So my husband and I are traveling to Elizabethtown, KY, Fort Knox in a few weeks for his son's graduation from Cav Scout School. Normally when traveling we stick to places we know, large chains where nothing changes from place to place. It's in the Clan-Thompson guide or I have contacted for a list.

Here's the thing though, there's not a whole big group of them. They get boring after awhile. But that is life, I enjoy eating out and so does my husband so we eat at the places that are available.

The hitch in our getty up is we are traveling through St. Louis. I know doesn't sound like that big of a deal. Find one of your known restaurants and eat there. The thing is two of my best friends from college live there. I haven't seen them since we all left and I've never met their wives or their children. They haven't met Paul or his son. We all want to eat together and not one of our regular places. They want to show us their city and I want to eat food from their city.

The sweet people they are offered to do all the footwork for us, research places ect. I just couldn't do that to them. It's a lot of work. Well I started googling, researching myself. I came across yahoo group that is in that area for celiacs. Complete with a list of restaurants. I sent it off to them, they will mark it, send it back and life will be good.

End of the story? NOOOOOO. Oh my gosh not only do they have that nice little bit of information for locals and those traveling they have a host of other information. Did you know you that you can take the difference in the special food from the regular food off of your taxes? I sure didn't. It's there including all the steps you have to take to do it.

You have to join their group, which takes a yahoo account. I think most people have those and if not it only takes a couple of minutes to set one up. It's worth the information available. They have some great articles up too. Including one about Washington University researching gluten free wheat. WOOO HOOO!!

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/stlouisalerts/

No comments: